COVID-19, the infectious disease caused by the novel coronavirus, has dramatically changed how we conduct daily activities. The number of people impacted by the virus is steadily increasing in Boise, across Idaho, and throughout the United States. At Intermountain Medical Imaging, our top priorities are to protect the health and safety of our patients and staff members while doing our part to limit the risk of community spread. The following details the practices we are employing during the pandemic to ensure the best possible patient care, as well as the steps you need to take to reduce your risks of infection.
Meeting Medical Needs During the Coronavirus Pandemic
Since being declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization in mid-March 2020, restrictions have been put in place across the country and around the globe to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Idaho coronavirus statistics show over 300 cases have been reported throughout the state in just two weeks, resulting in at least six deaths. More than 100 cases of the coronavirus have been confirmed in Ada County alone.
To combat the risk of community spread, Governor Brad Little has issued a stay-at-home order for Idaho residents. He has also mandated the closure of all schools and businesses, other than those providing essential services. For people suffering from a variety of different conditions, making sure their health issues are addressed is a concern. At Intermountain Medical Imaging, we are committed to meeting the medical needs of the community during this difficult time and are taking the proper precautions to ensure you are protected.
Steps We Are Taking to Protect Our Patients
Intermountain Medical Imaging has been a trusted provider of diagnostic imaging services for people throughout the Boise area since 1999. Our board-certified radiologists, technologists, and office staff members are dedicated to ensuring your comfort and safety at all times. During the COVID-19 pandemic, there are additional steps we are taking to ensure you are protected. These include:
- Cleaning and disinfecting: We are adhering to our usual high standards when it comes to cleanliness, disinfecting all surfaces between patients and procedures;
- Limiting visits: We are currently limiting the overall number of exams that we are providing at our outpatient office sites;
- Evaluating the urgency of procedures: We are communicating with medical providers and assessing the urgency of procedures to determine when and if they can be safely rescheduled;
- Limiting visitors in our offices: We are limiting the number of people permitted in our offices at any one time and allowing only individual patients in waiting areas and exam rooms.
At IMI, the safety of our patients and staff is always at the top of our minds. You can trust us to do our part to protect you while taking into consideration the individual needs of providers throughout our community.
Ways You Can Protect Yourself Amidst COVID-19
This is a difficult time for everyone. Amidst questions and concerns over the coronavirus, there may be other health issues you have that need to be addressed. At IMI, procedures we perform are essential in treating people suffering from a variety of potentially serious injuries, illnesses, and chronic medical conditions. To ensure you get the care you need during this challenging time, there are precautions you need to take. These include speaking to your primary medical provider about your condition, your current recommended course of treatment, and any modifications that need to be made.
In addition to the above, we all need to take steps to protect ourselves against the coronavirus. These include:
- Wash hands frequently: Use soap and hot water for at least twenty seconds multiple times a day.
- Use hand sanitizer: Keep hand sanitizer with you and use it if hand washing is not available.
- Cover coughs and sneezes: Keep tissues nearby at all times.
- Avoid touching your face: Touching your face with unwashed hands increases your risk of contracting the virus.
- Make cleanliness a top priority: Clean and disinfect surfaces in your home or office regularly.
- Stay at home: Avoid non-essential trips.
Intermountain Medical Imaging Is Open and Here To Help
At Intermountain Medical Imaging, we have been a trusted provider of imaging services in the valley for more than 20 years. We remain open and here to help you during this difficult time. For questions about scheduling, contact our offices.
 Idaho official resources for the coronavirus: https://coronavirus.idaho.gov/
 Governor Brad Little’s stay-at-home order: https://coronavirus.idaho.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/127/2020/03/poster_stay-home-order.pdf