There are significant differences in medical imaging costs depending on where your exam is performed.
As an outpatient imaging center, Intermountain Medical Imaging (IMI) radiology procedures are competitively priced and generally far less expensive than the local hospitals. This is important information to know when making decisions about which imaging provider you should use.
If you would like an exact price quote on the procedure your provider is recommending, call us at (208) 960-1494 or send us an online request:
Why pay more for medical imaging? Intermountain Medical Imaging offers excellence in both quality and experience – for far less than the average hospital price.
See below to compare a few examples of area hospital rates to IMI.
(pricing DOES NOT include the radiologist reading fee)
(pricing INCLUDES the radiologist reading fee)
|Chest X-ray, 2-view||$198||$70|
|CT; chest w/contrast||$2,043||$750 – $800|
|CT; Abdomen & Pelvis w/o contrast||$1,656||$650|
|Lumbar Nerve Block||$1,779||$700|
|MRI Brain w/o contrast||$1,795||$1,400|
|MRI Lumbar w & w/o contrast||$2,982||$1,450 – $1,500|
*local hospital charges are based on data gathered during the month of October 2018. IMI data is based on the same charges during the same time frame.
IMI offers significant patient discounts for those patients willing to pay at the time of service. Please be aware that this pricing is not applicable with insurance, including Medicare and Medicaid.
- Patient must pay in full at the time of service. No payment plan options.
- Price includes contrast and the radiologist reading fee.
- Prices are subject to change.
What About Quality?
Of course, cost is just one factor when considering an imaging provider. Here are a few more benefits of utilizing IMI for your imaging needs.
- Local, sub-specialized radiologists review each case prior to imaging to assure it is the accurate test for that patient and the listed indications.
- Answers. IMI will have your imaging test results available for your health care provider to review within 24 to 48 hours of your imaging exam being completed.
- Flexible appointment times with the benefit of 3 outpatient locations to choose from.
- 90% + of patients surveyed would recommend IMI to their family and friends.
What A Relief.
For over 18 years Intermountain Medical Imaging has been providing excellence in both quality and experience….for far less than the average hospital price.